The Ayush Holistic Centre at Poonthura will be upgraded to a 10-bed hospital, Health Minister V.S. Sivakumar has said. Naturopathy, Panchakarma, and Yoga clinics too will be launched at the centre shortly.
The centre, which began as the State’s first Ayush Holistic Centre in February last year, had Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Siddha clinics, the services of which had been used by over 40,000 people so far.
Work on a multi-storeyed building for the Ayurveda centre had been launched by the Coastal Development Corporation at a cost of Rs.54 lakh.
The government had sanctioned Rs.55 lakh for a building for the Government Siddha Hospital at Vallakadavu as well, the Minister said in a statement issued here on Sunday.
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.